Newsprint in Toronto/Montreal

Post information and questions you have about printing in any format, and publishing services like binding, scoring, cutting, and others.

Moderators:brettbloom, marcfischer

Anthea Black
Newsprint in Toronto/Montreal

Post by Anthea Black » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:20 am

Hello all, wondering if anyone has good suggestions on printers who do newsprint in Toronto and/or Montreal. I am currently doing some research on this, and I'll share what I find. Thanks, Anthea Black

brettbloom

Re: Newsprint in Toronto/Montreal

Post by brettbloom » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:18 am

@Anthea Black - Did you find any good information about newspaper printers in Toronto or Montreal? @marytremonte might know or have connections to folks in Toronto. I think @issuepress probably knows some folks as well.
I am a co-founder of Temporary Services. We started Half Letter Press in 2008. I started Breakdown Break Down press in 2014 to focus on the culture of preparing for climate breakdown. https://www.instagram.com/artistpublisher/

Anthea Black

Post by Anthea Black » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Dear @brettbloom ,
Holy smokes, have I ever! I contacted 5 printers in Toronto and 3 in Montreal. Lots of good leads, depending on what folks are looking for.
Am currently compiling a list and will share on here when it's ready.
Thanks!
Anthea

brettbloom

Post by brettbloom » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:13 am

@Anthea Black,

I look forward to seeing your list and reading any reflections on the process you might want to share!
I am a co-founder of Temporary Services. We started Half Letter Press in 2008. I started Breakdown Break Down press in 2014 to focus on the culture of preparing for climate breakdown. https://www.instagram.com/artistpublisher/