Publishing Resources in Seattle

Post information and questions you have about printing in any format, and publishing services like binding, scoring, cutting, and others.

Moderators:brettbloom, marcfischer

poiesthesis
Publishing Resources in Seattle

Post by poiesthesis » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:59 pm

I've been maintaining this resource list for Seattle publishing things for the past year or so. A friend of mine was moving here and asking about what resources we had on hand, but without any sort of centralized co-op or publishing group, things were feeling a bit disparate. So I put this together; it's a collection of printers, publishers, and distros/bookstores (eventually I want to add people and events too)—definitely an incomplete list, but a starting point. I've been sharing it out whenever I run into people interested in publishing here.

Does your city keep a publishing resource list of some kind? If so where and how is it managed?

Code: Select all

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GB1xhY4aJzOzF9PXJ_gvT4Kn_CC-CP_3yC3CMztvzKc/
(Links seem to be dead? And it shortens the link in regular text so I'm dropping it in a code box!)
— Robert
Learning the ropes—you can find me at baxter.design or @poiesthesis.

brettbloom

Re: Publishing Resources in Seattle

Post by brettbloom » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 am

This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing this.

There is a group of us here where I live, Fort Wayne (Indiana), that are forming a Risograph collective to make machines available to those who want to print and publish affordably. We are in preliminary talks right now to get this going. Your idea is something we could eventually work on too.
I am a co-founder of Temporary Services. We started Half Letter Press in 2008. I started Breakdown Break Down press in 2014 to focus on the culture of preparing for climate breakdown. https://www.instagram.com/artistpublisher/