Rrréplica 04 roll call!

Discuss and share news about art book fairs, zine fests, lectures, and book-related exhibitions and events.

Moderators:brettbloom, marcfischer

marcfischer
Rrréplica 04 roll call!

Post by marcfischer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 am

Hey all,

It looks like a few people that signed up for this discussion forum will be in Mexico City this weekend. Who is coming out? The list of participants looks awesome:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtL5ruXFrlF/

I'll be there representing Temporary Services, Half Letter Press, and Public Collectors (and also bringing stuff from Brett Bloom's Breakdown Break Down Press). I'm super excited to get out of the Chicago polar vortex. Hopefully the airplane won't be frozen to the tarmac.

Nickbernal

Re: Rrréplica 04 roll call!

Post by Nickbernal » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:45 am

Our friends from Tijuana Zine Fest will be there with some Burn All Books stock, say hi to them they’re great. Maybe next year we’ll get a chance to attend the 2020 event. Have fun!

marcfischer

Re: Rrréplica 04 roll call!

Post by marcfischer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Nickbernal,
I met one of them, right at the very end of the fair and we had a good conversation that I wish could have been much longer. The whole event was so wonderful and it was great to reconnect with friends from previous iterations, as well as meet a lot of new publishers from Mexico and beyond. The printing and publishing culture in Mexico is so vital and everyone was incredibly kind and generous.

It was also great to participate in a fair that has only about 35-40 participants. I didn't get to talk to everyone but I got to have at least a short conversation with most of the participants. This is the kind of organizing that helps form new friendships and opens up new possibilities for future collaboration and support.