Who here is attending what where in April 2019?

Discuss and share news about art book fairs, zine fests, lectures, and book-related exhibitions and events.

Moderators:brettbloom, marcfischer

marcfischer
Who here is attending what where in April 2019?

Post by marcfischer » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Hey all,

It's almost April, the official month of way too many book fairs. Who is going to what so we can try to connect IRL if PSBL?

I'll be tabling for Temporary Services / Half Letter Press at Milwaukee 'Zine Fest and the LA Art Book Fair.

Where might you be?

Nathan Pearce

Re: Who here is attending what where in April 2019?

Post by Nathan Pearce » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 pm

I missed Milwaukee again this year. I always really enjoy that one.

I did get to attend Small Press Fest at the Urbana Independent Media Center (located in central Illinois) this past weekend.
Its my understanding that this was the first year and I was very impressed by what the organizers put together.
I caught some of the talk by Anthony Rayson of the South Chicago ABC Zine Distro and a few minutes of the very interesting
panel discussion. Both were very well attended. I walked away with some great new zines and a cool little free tote bag from a local
printing making group.

I'm looking forward to coming back next year.

brettbloom

Post by brettbloom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 am

Great to hear about the Small Press Fest. I used to live in Urbana and spent a lot of time at that IMC. Glad it was well organized and attended. Anthony Rayson is one our heroes!
I am a co-founder of Temporary Services. We started Half Letter Press in 2008. I started Breakdown Break Down press in 2014 to focus on the culture of preparing for climate breakdown. https://www.instagram.com/artistpublisher/

Nathan Pearce

Post by Nathan Pearce » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:05 am

I also lived in Urbana but only for a summer. I was very fond of the IMC when there and had a chance to see some shows and volunteer at the books to prisoners in the basement a few times.
It's a real treasure in that community.

brettbloom

Post by brettbloom » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 am

I too was a regular volunteer with Books to Prisoners. A friend and I ran a reading group about prisons for a year or so at the IMC and then inside the Danville Correctional Center with prisoners.
I am a co-founder of Temporary Services. We started Half Letter Press in 2008. I started Breakdown Break Down press in 2014 to focus on the culture of preparing for climate breakdown. https://www.instagram.com/artistpublisher/