Book of Geometron

Please read forum rules. Announce your new publications, sell old, new or rare titles by yourself or others, and offer books for trade.

Moderators:brettbloom, marcfischer

Forum rules
Forum Guidelines: Please use this forum to sell and trade artist books, zines, and self-published materials that you have authored, published, or wish to share or sell. Selling new or secondhand artist books and zines that you did not publish is fine and encouraged. This forum is not intended as a general marketplace for all art books, typical art monographs, or books that wouldn’t normally be defined as artist publications. Also, please do not include links to items on Amazon. We are all well aware of the harm that Amazon has caused to independent booksellers. This forum is intended for members that also post throughout the board. Please do not spam the board with inappropriate sales posts, join this discussion forum solely to sell things, or overuse this forum as an alternative to creating your own online store. Thanks!
Trashrobot
Book of Geometron

Post by Trashrobot » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:40 am

I have created a new type of media for a post scarcity world, and documented it in the Book of Geometron. The book is free in html and pdf(in two sizes, the bigger of which is for standard printer paper) at www.trashrobot.org, and there is also a link there to a print-on-demand version at Lulu press for a bound copy. Also the Latex files used to generate it are fully public domain and published at https://github.com/LafeLabs/bookofgeometron. I'm not good at marketing and summarizing, the majority of the work here was creating the actual system, this book just documents it. The author of the book is Trash Robot, which is me, but is also intended to be a swarm with no one central author. The code which generates the book has scripts described in the book which replicate the whole system, including a version of the book which readers can edit, thus becoming part of the author swarm. This code does a lot of things besides carry the book, but the book is needed to document the code. It was originally on the Raspberry Pi, but can also run on Windows, mac, android, ios, and any version of linux(install instructions at trashrobot.org).
thanks!
Trash Robot